Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ten Provocative Quotes From Kierkegaard


During the first period of a man’s life the greatest danger is not to take the risk

People understand me so poorly that they do not understand my complaint that they do not understand me

Once you label me, you negate me

Love does not alter the beloved, it alters itself

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced

There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming

Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are

The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be lived

To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself

If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kierkegaard heaven!! Thanks Monty,
dt