Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 70th, Jack!


Jack Nicklaus, The Golden Bear, arguably the greatest sportsman ever. Watching him play golf taught me the importance of focus. I swear that his stares guided many golf balls directly into the hole.

As he said ...

Concentration is fine antidote to anxiety.

Focus on remedies, not faults.

My ability to concentrate and work hard toward my goal has been my greatest asset.

Sometimes the biggest problem is in your head. You've got to believe you can play a shot instead of wondering where your next bad shot is coming from.

Success depends almost entirely on how effectively you learn to manage the game's two ultimate adversaries: the course and yourself.

I never went into a tournament or round of golf thinking I had to beat a certain player. I had to beat the golf course. If I prepared myself for a major, went in focused, and then beat the golf course, the rest took care of itself.

This is a game. That's all it is. It's not a war.

No comments: