Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nakuru


A few photos from the area where Davide and I camped, while conducting training in Nakuru, Kenya. Will post blog on how the trainings went in the next few days.




This was my tent. Quite comfortable, except for the fact
that the animals loved screaming all night ... then there
was the Muslim in the tent behind me who decided
to pray as loudly as possible at 3 AM our
last night there. I, of course, took the
opportunity to go witness to him.



This Rhino was actually lying down when I
went over to take his glamor shot.



The Water Buffalo: as mean as they are ugly.



Water Buck





There are thousands of Flamingos on Lake
Nakuru. When they fill the sky, it looks
like a painting by Monet



There is nothing like a close
interaction with a Rhino to get
your adrenalin going!


3 comments:

Laura said...

wow! Love the pictures... especially the close-up of the rhino.

Anonymous said...

awesome pics dad!! (and nice tent...i actually thought you were "roughing" it out there. silly me!)

Monte Wilson said...

I did rough it: no a/c, no wireless, no single-malt!