Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carmel by the Sea


Took this photo this morning ...
Amazing beauty.



You can see Pebble Beach from where
I was. Awesome golf course.



Clint Eastwood sold this place a
few years ago, but they still serve
Dirty Harry Burgers!


The Biblical Garden at
The Church
of the Wayfarer.


The streets of Carmel.
One of my favorite places,
although the taxes here make
the cost of cigars quite high.




While there is a noise ordinance here,
it is evidently not strict enough.


The courtyard of the Lamp Lighter


Normandy Inn. The hotels here are
all funky, boutique places.


This is the Cypress Inn, owned by
Doris "Que Sera, Sera" Day. My favorite
hotel in Carmel.


The courtyard. Really cool place
especially when they have the fireplace
roaring. See the dog? I think
most everyone that lives here
owns a dog. Weird.


A few of the houses. The entire town
has the feel of a small town
in Austria.



This is my favorite house. It's at the
end of Ocean Ave. Some years
back I was here when the house
was up for sale: you could have picked
it up for 8.5 million.


Another view of the same house.


This is the view from walking toward
the ocean on Ocean Ave.



2 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't even know you were in Carmel; rough life!
Great pics - wouldn't be the worst place in the world to live, eh? (well, other than the prices)

Monte Wilson said...

I am here for meeting of the Samaritan Group (association of charities). Came in a day early so I could walk around town and see the sites. It would be wonderful to live here--but, yes, I'd have to add some zeros to my net worth to be able to afford it!